Thursday night we will be hosting a lively panel discussion on the ins and outs of how to successfully design, market, and “speak” Amazon. Beyond industrial designer, Carter Gerard, will be sharing the stage with Charmac Solutions and Tacklebox Brand Partners at our Ravenswood studio. Please RSVP here and come up north to engage with other entrepreneurs and designers!
Background on the Panel:
Beyond Design is a 24 year old strategic design consultancy specializing in New Product Development (NPD). Located in Chicago, our expertise includes: Design Research & Strategy, Industrial Design, User Experience with Graphic User Interface (GUI), Engineering for Manufacturing, and Branding. We create design solutions that help drive innovation for our clients and connect with end-users for marketplace success.
We spoke at the International Home and Housewares Show earlier this month and gave a condensed version of Speaking Amazon with Tacklebox founder, David Kelbaugh. For more on our time on stage and our recap of the IHHS please visit our blog here.
Carter answers a question from the audience during the IHHS Smart Talks panel
Charmac Solutions works with companies of all sizes. However, most of the companies we work with typically fall into one (or more) of the following categories:
– Brands who have tried to sell on e-commerce marketplaces such as Amazon with little to moderate success
– Companies who have limited resources or a limited time horizon to explore, learn, implement and scale an e-commerce marketplace strategy
– Individuals or companies who have raised successful crowd-funding campaigns (i.e. Kickstarter)
– Brands who don’t have a dedicated e-commerce partner and rely on traditional wholesale partners to “put their products online” for them
– Individuals or companies who think if they sell on Amazon they will erode their profits and/or damage image of their brand
– Most of our partners find that having a dedicated e-commerce distribution partner allows them to focus more of their time on building the other areas of their business, such as retail distribution and product development, while still growing revenue.
Tackelbox Brand Partners
Tacklebox Brand Strategy is a Chicago-based brand strategy company.
We believe that building a strong brand is the single most important thing you can do for your company. A strong brand will separate you from the competition, increase sales, and transform customers into lifelong advocates.
We exist to help your company connect with audiences in the most effective and powerful ways possible.
Founded in May, 2014, Tacklebox has quickly amassed a well-respected roster of clients, including some of Chicago’s hottest startups and companies in the software, apparel, fashion, food, and hospitality industries.