Company: Beyond Design, Inc.
Position: New Business Development Manager
Are you “ready to make my mark” and be that new business development champion? Beyond Design is a product development firm with an outstanding reputation, award-winning portfolio of work and great stories to tell why our customers love working with us. Our mission is: “to find innovation where others don’t.”
We need you to expand our reach and introduce our amazing product development team to as many more companies that want to be innovative and will benefit from our product development process. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the leadership team to identify opportunities for new program engagements and translate the client “ask” into compelling and persuasive proposals. You will have the chance to lead innovation in all aspects of product development including: research & strategy, industrial design, UX/GUI and branding, while working on global consumer brands in B2C and B2B industries ranging from Consumer Housewares to Industrial Tools with cutting-edge technology.
As Beyond Design continues to grow, it is important for us to find the right client partners and projects that will inspire our team and align with our vision for designing a better world. To do that, we need individual’s adept at developing partnerships with some of the world’s most important brands and this is why we are looking for someone like “you” that has the right stuff to create new introductions and establish long-term relationships.
Candidates must have a proven track record of calling on C-level decision makers of medium to large size companies, in a consultative role. Candidates must have well versed in business, marketing, branding and manufacturing processes. Candidate must have experience in identifying decision makers and developing ongoing relationships that yield business opportunities for Beyond Design.
Business Development Manager Skills & Qualifications:
• Closing Skills
• Motivation for Sales
• Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning
• Selling to Customer Needs
• Business Categories & Segmentation
• Market Knowledge
• Presentation Skills
• High Energy Level
• High Expectations
Business Development Manager Job Duties:
• Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
• Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
• Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
• Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 4 year degree in Marketing and/or Business
• 3+ years experience in business development and/or sales
• Proven track record for finding and winning new business with annual revenue sales over $1M
• Superior work ethic and high energy levels – inside and outside the office
• Strong communication, presentation and listening skills
• Creative individual with ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Ability to understand analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Highly organized and goal oriented
• Exceptional planning, organization and time management skills – self starter!
• High level of professionalism and integrity, while displaying good judgment
• Great negotiating skills
• Computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Outlook, ACT!)
• Base Salary Plus Commissions
• Bonus structure for obtaining annual sales goals
• Private office and travel expenses included
If you have the drive to grow and you love bringing business to the table, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “New Business Development Position” in the subject line. Must be a USA citizen.