Company: Beyond Design, Inc.
Position: Lead Industrial Designer
Experience: 5 – 7 years
Role & Responsibilities:
Beyond Design is looking for a confident Lead Industrial Designer who can hit the ground running and contribute to our team. As a senior member of our team, you will be responsible for establishing project strategies along with leading creative idea generation, concept sketching, design refinement, product renderings, presentation layouts, CAD development and documentation for manufacturing.
As a Lead Industrial Designer, you will be responsible for working directly with the Director of Industrial Design along with our team of Researchers, Industrial Designers, Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Account Managers and our diverse client list.
You must be able to quickly identify problems and present solutions that satisfy project requirements. You will be expected to manage 3-5 projects at a time and oversee all deliverables, ensuring quality, project schedules, and budgets are met.
This position requires attendance at client meetings along with formal presentations for individual projects. As the Lead Industrial Designer, you will also have tremendous exposure to clients and must have strong presentation skills with confidence and substance.
You must have 5 – 7 years of experience with portfolio examples showing exceptional form development through sketches and supported with CAD (SolidWorks).
– Manage project quality of work, design teams, budgets, and Clients
– Ethnographic Research w/ great Verbal Communication
– Formulating Design Strategies with an emphasis on Business and DFM
– Strong knowledge and application of materials and manufacturing processes
– Sketching and illustrations for communication of ideas
– CAD Development (SolidWorks and/or Creo)
– Adobe Creative Cloud
– 3D Rendering (Keyshot, Studio Max and other packages)
– Excellent verbal and written skills
– User Interaction design and illustration skills preferred
– Reports to Director of Industrial Design and works with other designers assigned to projects
– Establish project strategies that align with each project scope including budget and Client expectations
– Manage assigned people and projects to work within set expectations and budget
– Assure proficient management of a daily studio operations
– Foster a healthy corporate culture of innovation and collaboration
– Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
– Assure industry and community reputation is always constructive
– Conduct user, product, and competitive research
– Generate original and innovative ideas in brainstorming and concept exploration activities
– Develop product styling and form through sketches
– Fabricate sketch models in foam, foam-core, and other materials
– Develop CAD databases to capture design intent
– Create design documentation that is intended for production
– Prepare project presentation materials
– Lead client presentations
– Mentor others including interns
Submission Details: Please submit your resume along with portfolio sample saved as a single PDF document no larger than 5mb. Please include links to websites and other interactive samples. All submission will be kept confidential. Submissions without portfolio samples will not be considered.
*Only US citizens with permanent residence will be considered for this position.
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Please no phone calls.